Friday, September 5, 2014

I am the Wind

I am the wind.

I am the change you have never acknowledged and the power you cannot feel.  I am the slow erosion of ideas and preconceived notions that have jaded your mind and soured your thoughts.  I am the tectonic plates beneath the souls of your feet, everywhere and inconceivably powerful. I am insatiably marching, but still you don’t notice me.  I am the inspiration behind your epiphany and the shadow behind your eyelids.  I am the one who casts doubt in your mind as you toss and turn in sleepless thought.  I am the sun as it kisses your skin and gives life to your lonely planet, and I am the reason you turn and stare into the darkness as you walk home.  I am the wind.

I am water

I course through you veins and fly through the air.  You love me and need me more than you could hope to know, though I smother your life little by little, day by day.  You hold me to your heart and cry when I am with you, yet you search for meaning in your life when I am not.  But I do not hold you so dear.  I am every speck of dust left in your wake and every step you hope to take.  I am water.


Am I truly any of these things?  Lol, no.  Absolutely not, at least not to my knowledge, but I have consistently gotten these kids to play basketball with me over these last few weeks, so I get to be at least a little bit pompous.   Like, I get them to put down their soccer balls, push the goals away, and shoot hoops with me.  So, like, yeah.  Hell they’ve even asked me to play around with them.  If that isn’t cultural impact than I sure as hell don’t know what is.  But that stuff was kind of fun to write, I will not lie.  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment