Sunday, August 17, 2014

The picture edition

So there are things that I should be telling you about things, but for now you get pictures.  Yay! Oh, and bonus non colombian things as well.
So this is the Grand Canyon.  It is both grand and a canyon, go figure

So I had to climb down into rim of the canyon to take this picture for y'all.  Kinda sorta scary, I have a pretty strong memory of getting some pretty sever tunnel vision, heart palpitations, and general anxiety from being on said cliff edge.  And yes, I did pee into the thousand foot drop off, I know you were all wondering :D.

Pueblo Rico, this is outside of my house.  You can see one of the little canchas and the surrounding mountain sides.  I kinda like it.

This is my neighbor's house, but mine is almost identical.  They're pretty cozy, but awesome.  They have all the modern amenities, minus inter webs, if you were wondering.

I ate some shit playing soccer in the coliseo with some kids.  Slipped right in a mud puddle, and made a mess of myself.  Nice little puffball though.  And I bought a guitar here, which is always awesome, but I don't find myself having so much time to play it...

Ah, the wonderful city of Medellín

I went to the feria de las flores last weekend and there were these awesome animal sculptures made entirely of flowers.  Pretty cool.  This is Armie the Armadillo

Larry the Bird

Izzy the Iguana

A close up fixture of Izzy's tail.  I told you they were made of flowers

That guy

There is always cool graffiti to be found if you keep your eyes open, this is a bit that was on the side of a highway in Medellín

My favorite from the collection "el caos"

A cool walking bridge in Medellín, you can see all the mountains and lot of the city from here

The pueblos built into the side of the mountain

They set up these massive overhangs in the botanical gardens of the city, which I thought were pretty cool.  I'm not sure if they're always there or if they're part of the feria

Cool exhibit in the botanical gardens.  Flower waves, crashing on a lighthouse

Don't forget to take a close look sometimes






Some cool street art that was going on outside of the botanical gardens by a metro stop.  Oh yeah, medellin has probably the best metro system that I have ever been on.  Super fast and clean.  Super crowded, though.

This one was way creepier than the nice happy lion family, but still cool

I went up to this place about an hour outside of Medellín called Santa Elena where they make all of these floats for an annual parade.  I had to leave the city due to time constraints unfortunately, but the day I left this float and many others are carried down the street on the backs of their creators during said parade.

It was cool seeing where they made all of the floats and they take advantage of the tourists popularity of the site by turning this little pueblo into a party town for the weekend.  Pretty cool

Inside of the hostel where I stayed in Medellín

BONUS! I gave myself a flu shot one time :D

This is a giant sequoia.  It is rather large.  I took this pic on spring break last year when I drove from Manteca CA to Joshua tree by LA and back.  Y'all should check out highway 1.

I think y'all know this story, but I got hired by a band to drive a van from Denver to LA an along the way I passed through Canyon Land in Utah, which was pretty cool.  Y'all should go there too

No comments:

Post a Comment